Effective date: September 1, 2021
Zunuzi, (referred to as “Zunuzi”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns and operates www.zunuzi.com and any associated applications operated by Zunuzi and/or that contains graphics, photos, images, audio, video, software or other content or materials. Any reference to Zunuzi includes Zunuzi’s affiliates and other authorized representatives.
We use and disclose these personal information for the following purposes:
- - To fulfill your orders, to process payments (including by credit card), through our Escrow service;
- - To respond to your requests for information and service and to communicate with you;
- - To carry out internal research to better understand your needs and ways in which we can improve our services and website; d. To better manage and administer our business;
- - To enforce our Terms and Conditions for fraud protection.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Types of information we collect:
There are three general categories of information that we may collect: information you give us, information we automatically collect, and information we collect from third parties. This may include personally identifiable information, which is information that can be used to identify a specific individual.
Information you give us. We collect certain information that you may share with us when you use the Website. We do not collect any personally identifiable information unless it is voluntarily submitted by you. Such information includes:
- - Account information. We may collect your personal identifiable information when you sign up and create an account on the Website, including your full name, email address, password, Facebook or Google accounts, phone number, birthdate, location, biography education, occupation, photo, and other pertinent account information. We use this information to establish and service your account, fulfill your requests on Website, and send you account-related notifications and announcements.
- - Payment information.
- - Communications. When you contact us or communicate with us through the Website, email, or other methods of inquiry, we collect information you provide in your communications, including possible audio recordings and chat transcripts. We use this information to fulfill and/or respond to your communications and requests, keep you informed about the Website, and to optimize the usage of the Website.
- - Other information. You may choose to provide us with other information when using the Website, including your lesson plans, homework, and other documents that you submit for review, response to surveys or questionnaires provided by us, and ratings of other users you interact with on the Website.
Information we automatically collect. We may automatically collect certain information whenever you use our Website or interact with us, including:
- - Usage Information. We collect information about your Use of the Website, such as the date you created an account, the date(s) and time(s) you use our Website, the length of time that you spend on the Website, actions you take on the Website, including lessons that you’ve started and completed, and the pages or content you view on, before, or after Website, including links to third-party websites and applications.
- - Log Data. We may maintain web server logs and automatically collect log information when you use the Website, even if you do not have an account with us. Since our service providers and other vendors, and sour affiliates and third parties which may display advertisements on our Website, we may use tracking technologies such as cookies and pixel tags to collect information about your online transaction with our Website and our emails. Log data includes IP addresses, geolocation, hardware and software information, device information, operating system, browser type, device event information (e.g., crashes), and internet service provider or mobile carrier. Log data may be purged periodically at any time.
- - Transaction Information. We collect information related to your payments and transactions on the Website, including the date and time of transactions, amounts charged, and other related details.
How we collect information:
In addition to collecting information that is directly submitted by you on Website, we may collect information using other methods such as cookies, including session cookies, local storage, and pixel tags. Additionally, we may utilize a third-party vendor on behalf to perform these collection practices.
How we use information we collect: We will only use your information on the conditions as described below. We do not sell or pease any personally identifiable information, including financial and billing information, to third parties for purposes of marketing or solicitation without your consent.
Disclosure to other website users
When you use the website, you may choose to disclose and display certain information to, and communicate, interact, and transact with, other users on our Website. You will also have access to information disclosed and displayed by other users on the Website.
- - To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized use of Website;
- - To protect and maintain the safety of you, us, others, and related property when necessary;
- - When there is a change of control or ownership of all or part of Zunuzi, including sale transfer, merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other similar event;
- - To provide certain products, services, features, and content to you on Website,
- - To facilitate the operation and management of Website;
- - As required by law, compelled by subpoena or court order, or in connection with any onging or prospective legal proceedings;
- - With your express written consent; and
Educational Institutions and Businesses. When working with local schools, colleges and universities, local, state, and federal government agencies, businesses, and other organizations to provide programs such as tutoring, test preparation, and college admission counseling. Your organization may arrange for your participation in these programs and negotiate a special price or trial offer from the tutors, or purchase services on your behalf. We may share your personal and non-personal information that we collect through your participation in these programs (such as test scores, transcripts or recordings of online tutoring and online class sessions, comments you leave in post-session rating surveys, and details regarding your usage of our program) with the organization arranging for your access to these programs or with your parents or guardians. In addition, your educational institution may require us to share such information with others legally entitled to access your academic records, such as your state department of education.
- - For research and development to personalize and improve Website, and the products, services, features, and content we provide through Website, and to enhance the user experience, including researching user demographics and behavior;
- - To respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints, provide you with technical and customer support, and solicit and receive feedback from you related to your use of the Website;
- - For standard business practices and purposes including system administration, troubleshooting, establishing and managing accounts, creating and maintaining a database of information collected on Website;
- - To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized use of the Website;
- - To contact you directly for non-marketing purposes including providing you with statements, invoices, confirmations, notifications, surveys, technical updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- - To contact you directly for marketing purposes including providing you with announcements and updates regarding our business and to inform you of new products, services, features, and content.
- - You acknowledge and agree that all non-personally identifiable information or data, such as requests, comments, suggestions, and feedback, that are provided to us in any manner by you is non confidential. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you grant us, or anyone authorized by us, a non-exclusive, unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, distribute, display, modify, reproduce, transmit, perform, and broadcast derivative works of such information or data, in whole or in part, and in any manner or medium, at no cost whatsoever.
Children under the age of 13
Information We Collect from Children
Unless otherwise permitted by applicable law, we do not collect any personal identifiable information from children without consent from their parents, legal guardian, or school, as applicable. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child who would like to use the Website, we may ask for your full name, birthdate, and email address in order to obtain your consent to collect your child’s information, create an account for your child, and directly notify and communicate with you regarding such. We will only collect personally identifiable information from your child as is reasonably necessary to provide them access to the Website, if any.
- - Submit any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures as it relates to what, how, and when we collect, use, and safeguard information provided by your child;
- - Access and/or change the information that we have collected from your child and/or use;
- - To withdraw permission to further collect information from your child and/or use such informational
- - Delete any information we have collected from your child from our records; and
- - Terminate your child’s account.
Any of the above actions may affect your child’s ability to use our Website and may lead to a termination to your child’s account. We will take reasonable steps to verify the identity of any parent or legal guardian requesting information about a child before granting access to such child’s information.
“Third-party” means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization other than Zunuzi or a subscribing organization. This may include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Wechat.We reserve the right to disclose any and all personal information collected to a third party that is investigating an abuse of the website or any illegal or abusive activity.
We also may use third party advertising partners such as advertising networks, exchanges, and social media platforms to display advertising on our Website or to manage and serve our advertising on other Websites. You have a variety of options to opt out of interest based advertising ranging from browser controls, add-on utilities such as ad blockers, and other opt out tools. Other opt out tools may include organizations, such as the Network Advertising Initiative, whose members agree to provide a means for consumers to opt out of the members’ targeted advertising on websites.
Unsubscribe from Commercial Electronic Messages
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from Zunuzu regarding our new products or services, promotions or other similar communications, you may unsubscribe by clicking at the bottom of that communication. Please note that, after you unsubscribe, Zunuzi may still send electronic communications to you in certain limited circumstances, such as to provide you with Service notifications and billing information, or to provide information that Zunuzi is legally obligated to provide you.
We implement physical and technical security measures commercially reasonable and necessary to protect the information we collect from you from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of such information. However, we cannot guarantee these safeguards are absolutely secure and that any personally identifiable information will remain free from unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction by third parties. Should we learn of a potential or actual security breach that puts your information at risk of unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, we may notify you so you can take appropriate next steps to protect and remedy the situation. However, we are not liable or responsible for any of your information that is intercepted and used by an unintended third-party recipient.
As a preventative measure, we advise that you take precaution in handling sensitive or confidential information when providing such information on or through Website or insecure online methods of communication. If you have any questions or concerns regarding identity theft, refer to the Canadian
Consumer Measures Committee for more information at https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/Oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca03025.html.
International Use and Data Transfer
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, for a commercially reasonable time by us for administrative, liability, and archival purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Right to Deletion
Under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act S.C. 2000, c. 5, Zunuzi supports and promotes electronic commerce by protecting personal information that is collected, used, or disclosed in certain circumstances. As a User, or a visitor, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we have collected, subject to exceptions provided under the PIPEDA. in the case that a User requests to delete their personal information from the Zunuzi Website, PIPEDA requires us to destroy, erase or make anonymous personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the pre-identified purposes. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, then unless an exception applies, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers and other vendors to delete your personal information from their records.
Verification. We will verify your identity before fulfilling your request. If you have an account with us, we will ask you to enter your username and password through a link we provide to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we will ask you to provide us data points that we have about you to verify your identity. If your child is under the age of 13, we will ask you to sign a form declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the parent or guardian of the child.
Our Response to your request. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically. If we are unable to comply with a request, our response will explain why. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Terms and conditions