Effective date: July 1, 2022
Zunuzi, (referred to as “Zunuzi”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns and operates www.zunuzi.com (referred to as “Website” or “Site”) and any associated applications operated by Zunuzi and/or that contains graphics, photos, images, audio, video, software or other content or materials. Any reference to Zunuzi includes Zunuzi’s affiliates and other authorised representatives.
We use and disclose these personal information for the following purposes:
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions for fraud protection.
- To respond to your requests for information and service and to communicate with you.
- To provide our services, to process payments (including by credit card), through our Escrow service.
- To carry out internal research to better understand your needs and ways in which we can improve our services and website.
- To better manage and administer our website.
We may also use or disclose your personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Types of information we collect:
There are three general categories of information that we may collect: information you give us, information we automatically collect, and information we collect from third parties. This may include personally identifiable information, which is information that can be used to identify a specific individual.
Information you give us. We collect certain information that you may share with us when you use the Website. We do not collect any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) unless it is voluntarily submitted by you. Personal information includes:
- Account information. We may collect your personal identifiable information when you sign up and create an account on the Website, including your full name, email address, password, social-media accounts including Facebook or Google accounts, phone number, birthdate, location, biography, education, occupation, photo, and other pertinent account information. We use this information to establish and service your account, fulfill your requests on Website, and send you account-related notifications and announcements.
- Transaction and Payment information. We may collect certain information on financial transactions carried out on our website. This may include information such as your payment card, bank account or other payment method details.
- Communications. When you contact us or communicate with us through the Website, email, or other methods of inquiry, we collect information you provide in your communications, including possible audio recordings and chat transcripts. We use this information to fulfill and/or respond to your communications and requests, keep you informed about the Website, and to optimize the usage of the Website.
- Other information. You may choose to provide us with other information when using the Website, including your portfolio, certificates, details of your qualifications, lesson plans, homework, and other documents that you submit for review, response to surveys or questionnaires provided by us, and ratings of other users you interact with on the Website.
Information we automatically collect. We may automatically collect certain information whenever you use our Website or interact with us ("Non-Personal Information"). The Non-Personal Information used to maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page. The Non-Personal Information that we collect includes:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your Use of the Website, such as the date you created an account, the date(s) and time(s) you use our Website, the length of time that you spend on the Website, actions you take on the Website, including lessons that you’ve started and completed, and the pages or content you view on, before, or after Website, including links to third-party websites and applications.
- Log Data. We may maintain web server logs and automatically collect log information when you use the Website, even if you do not have an account with us. Since our service providers and other vendors, and our affiliates and third parties may display advertisements on our Website, we may use tracking technologies such as cookies and pixel tags and other similar technologies to collect information about your online transaction with our Website. Log data includes IP addresses, geolocation, hardware and software information, device information, operating system, browser type, device event information (e.g., crashes), and internet service provider or mobile carrier. Log data may be purged periodically at any time.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your payments and transactions on the Website, including the date and time of transactions, amounts charged, and other related details.
Users can also stop us from collecting data from other platforms by removing our access on the other platform or by contacting our support team.
How we collect information:
In addition to collecting information that is directly submitted by you on Website, we may collect information using other methods such as by using cookies, local shared objects and similar technologies. Additionally, we may utilize a third-party vendor on behalf to perform these collection practices.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. We use permanent cookies to analyze website usage. We use temporary (session based) cookies to improve performance and functionality of the website. Temporary cookies disappear when you close your browser window.
We also use the following types of cookies on our Site:
- Functional cookies
Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits; For example, if you select a particular country or a particular language, we will remember such information and how you customise the site for your future visits.
- Analytical cookies
Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc;
- Targeting cookies
Targeting cookies collect data on how you use the Site and your preferences. This allows us to personalise the information you see on our Site for you; and allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our website and using its features.
- Third-Party Cookies
Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to achieve the following purposes:
- Monitor user preferences to tailor advertisements around their interests.
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Site and other sites
- Send promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate a preference to opt-out of receiving these communications
- Measure consumer interest in the Services and products
- Customise your experience
- Detect and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
How we use information we collect:
We may compare and review your Personal Information for accuracy and to detect errors and omissions. We may use your Transaction and Payment information to process payment for any purchases made on the Site, enroll you in any discount, rebate, or other program in which you elect to participate, protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions and do as otherwise needed to manage our platform.
As Data Controller:
(a) assist you with booking requests, scheduling tutoring sessions, or any services offered on the Site;
(b) send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means;
(c) send you marketing communications relating to our Services; (including any profiling we engage in that is related to such direct marketing);
(d) responding to an enquiry, questions or concern that you may have raised;
(e) Performing analytics and creating a database to improve your browsing experience and enhancing functionality of our services.
We may share Personal Information with trusted Service Providers or our affiliates for payment processing, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, perform statistical analysis, providing marketing assistance, hosting the site and indexing user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL and customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Disclosure to other website users
When you use the website, you may choose to disclose and display certain information to, and communicate, interact, and transact with, other users on our Website. You will also have access to information disclosed and displayed by other users on the Website.
Limited disclosure to Third Parties
- To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized use of Website;
- To protect and maintain the safety of you, us, others, and related property when necessary;
- When there is a change of control or ownership of all or part of Zunuzi, including sale transfer, merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other similar event;
- To complete any transaction initiated by you on Website;
- To provide certain products, services, features, and content to you on Website,
- To facilitate the operation and management of Website;
- As required by law, compelled by subpoena or court order, or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- With your express written consent; and
Educational Institutions and Businesses. When working with local schools, colleges and universities, local, state, and federal government agencies, businesses, and other organizations to provide programs such as tutoring, test preparation, and college admission counselling. Your organization, parents or guardians (in case of Children under the age of 13) may arrange for your participation in these programs and negotiate a special price or trial offer from the tutors, or purchase services on your behalf. We may share your personal and non-personal information that we collect through your participation in these programs (such as test scores, transcripts or recordings of online tutoring and online class sessions, comments you leave in post-session rating surveys, and details regarding your usage of our program) with the organization arranging for your access to these programs or with your parents or guardians, as may be applicable. In addition, your educational institution may require us to share such information with others legally entitled to access your academic records, such as your state department of education.
- For research and development to personalize and improve Website, and the products, services, features, and content we provide through Website, and to enhance the user experience, including researching user demographics and behaviour;
- To respond to your requests, inquiries, and complaints, provide you with technical and customer support, and solicit and receive feedback from you related to your use of the Website;
- For standard business practices and purposes including system administration, troubleshooting, establishing and managing accounts, creating and maintaining a database of information collected on Website;
- To safeguard, deter, and investigate against illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized use of the Website;
- To contact you directly for non-marketing purposes including providing you with statements, invoices, confirmations, notifications, surveys, technical updates, security alerts, and administrative messages; and
- To contact you directly for marketing purposes including providing you with announcements and updates regarding our business and to inform you of new products, services, features, and content.
- You acknowledge and agree that all non-personally identifiable information or data, such as requests, comments, suggestions, and feedback, that are provided to us in any manner by you is non confidential. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you grant us, or anyone authorized by us, a non-exclusive, unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, and worldwide license to use, distribute, display, modify, reproduce, transmit, perform, and broadcast derivative works of such information or data, in whole or in part, and in any manner or medium, at no cost whatsoever.
Global Marketing Campaigns and Events
We may share your Personal Information with select partners and Social Media Platforms, such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Google Search Results, that are clearly labelled when you sign up for our events or our Global Marketing Campaigns.
We may disclose any and all Non-Personal Information to our partners, advertisers, and other third parties for any reason at our sole discretion and without further notice to you, including:
- Google for Zunuzi use of Google Universal Analytics, Google Analytics, and Google Display Advertising.
Children under the age of 13
Information We Collect from Children
Unless otherwise permitted by applicable law, we do not collect any personal identifiable information from children without consent from their parents, legal guardian, or school, as applicable. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child who would like to use the Website, we may ask for your full name, birthdate, and email address in order to obtain your consent to collect your child’s information, create an account for your child, and directly notify and communicate with you regarding such. We will only collect personally identifiable information from your child as is reasonably necessary to provide them access to the Website, if any.
- Submit any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures as it relates to what, how, and when we collect, use, and safeguard information provided by your child;
- Access and/or change the information that we have collected from your child and/or use;
- To withdraw permission to further collect information from your child and/or use such informational
- Delete any information we have collected from your child from our records; and
- Terminate your child’s account.
Any of the above actions may affect your child’s ability to use our Website and may lead to a termination to your child’s account. We will take reasonable steps to verify the identity of any parent or legal guardian requesting information about a child before granting access to such child’s information.
“Third-party” means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization other than Zunuzi or a subscribing organization. This may include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and WeChat. We reserve the right to disclose any and all personal information collected to a third party that is investigating an abuse of the website or any illegal or abusive activity.
We also may use third party advertising partners such as advertising networks, exchanges, and social media platforms to display advertising on our Website or to manage and serve our advertising on other Websites. You have a variety of options to opt out of interest based advertising ranging from browser controls, add-on utilities such as ad blockers, and other opt out tools. Other opt out tools may include organizations, such as the Network Advertising Initiative, whose members agree to provide a means for consumers to opt out of the members’ targeted advertising on websites.
Unsubscribe from Commercial Electronic Messages
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from Zunuzu regarding our new products or services, promotions or other similar communications, you may unsubscribe by clicking at the bottom of that communication. Please note that, after you unsubscribe, Zunuzi may still send electronic communications to you in certain limited circumstances, such as to provide you with Service notifications and billing information, or to provide information that Zunuzi is legally obligated to provide you.
Security of Your Personal Information
We implement physical and technical security measures commercially reasonable and necessary to protect the information we collect from you from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of such information. However, we cannot guarantee these safeguards are absolutely secure and that any personally identifiable information will remain free from unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, disclosure, or destruction by third parties. Should we learn of a potential or actual security breach that puts your information at risk of unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, we may notify you so you can take appropriate next steps to protect and remedy the situation. However, we are not liable or responsible for any of your information that is intercepted and used by an unintended third-party recipient.
As a preventative measure, we advise that you take precaution in handling sensitive or confidential information when providing such information on or through Website or insecure online methods of communication. If you have any questions or concerns regarding identity theft, refer to the Canadian Consumer Measures Committee for more information at https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/Oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca03025.html.
International Use and Data Transfer
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, for a commercially reasonable time by us for administrative, liability, and archival purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Right to Access, Correction and Deletion
Under Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
S.C. 2000, c. 5, Zunuzi supports and promotes electronic commerce by protecting personal information that is collected, used, or disclosed in certain circumstances. As a User, or a visitor, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we have collected, subject to exceptions provided under the PIPEDA. in the case that a User requests to delete their personal information from the Zunuzi Website, PIPEDA requires us to destroy, erase or make anonymous personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the pre-identified purposes. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, then unless an exception applies, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers and other vendors to delete your personal information from their records.
Verification. We will verify your identity before fulfilling your request. If you have an account with us, we will ask you to enter your username and password through a link we provide to verify your identity. If you do not have an account with us, we will ask you to provide us data points that we have about you to verify your identity. If your child is under the age of 13, we will ask you to sign a form declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the parent or guardian of the child.
Our Response to your request. We endeavour to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 additional days), we will inform you of the reason in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically. If we are unable to comply with a request, our response will explain why. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You acknowledge that certain information is required for continued Use of Website and retracting or deleting certain information may prevent you from being able to Use Website and its products, services, features, and content. Please note, we may require you to prove your identity and may charge a nominal fee, if reasonably and legally permitted, to fulfill such a request.
California Resident Notices
If you are a citizen of California, this section applies to you. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose categories of personal data we collect and how we use it, sources from which we collect such data, and the third parties with whom we share it.
Sale of your Personal Data: We do not and will never sell your personal data including your identifying information.
Anti-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
For European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK) Users:
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or United Kingdom (UK), you have the following rights in regard to your Personal Information:
- Right to be informed - You have the right to know about the collection and use of your information by us;
- Right of access - You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- Right to rectification - You have the right to request rectification or modification of your information we hold;
- Right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to delete your information.
- Right to restrict processing - You have the right to restrict processing of your personal information only in certain circumstances. For example:- where we are checking the accuracy of personal information about you that we hold or assessing the validity of any objection you have made to our use of your information.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to receive the personal data held by us in a commonly used format and send the data to another controller or use it for your personal purposes, under certain circumstances.
- Right to object - You have the right to object to your data processing, including profiling or automated decisions.
- The country your personal data is being transferred to has been deemed to have adequate data protection by the European Commission or, if you are in the United Kingdom, by the United Kingdom adequacy regulations; or
- We have implemented appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer. For example, the recipient is a party to binding corporate rules, or we have entered into standard EU or United Kingdom data protection contractual clauses with the recipient.
However, if we make changes which we believe are significant, we will inform you of the same through our Website or any other mode such as email, to the extent possible and seek your consent where applicable.
Terms and conditions
- For Members that access and use of the Zunuzi Website: Online Support: https://zunuzi.com/zunuzi-contact-us
- For Letter or Mail:
Zunuzi Group Inc.
5955 Birney Avenue Vancouver, BC V6S 0C5